oracle 00604 error?

From: Ian <not_at_available.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:28:57 +1030

hi,
I have a problem with a pro*C apllication which fails to log me in I get the following error--
ERROR:ORA-00604:error occured at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-00911:invalid
I am using SolarisX86 and Oracle 10g. with the following .pc code fragment:

strcpy(uid.arr,"username");
uid.len = strlen(uid.arr);

strcpy(pwd.arr,"password");

pwd.len = strlen(pwd.arr);

EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR GOTO sql_error;

EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd;

printf("LOGGED IN\n");

I don't understand what is caussing this to occur. my code is simple, If I substitute SYS as username with appropriate password I get told to login as SYSDBA.
Also, if I type sqlplus from a window and then enter the same username and password from the code I CAN login OK - hence my confussion. I have looked through the docs but can't seem to find the cause. Could anyone please help as to identify why this error is ocurring, regards
Ian Received on Wed Mar 23 2005 - 08:58:57 CST