Re: Opteron systems - mixed 32/64 bit environment - need linux suggestions

From: jef <not_at_ho.me>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:14:20 -0500

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:03:00 +0100, Frank van Bortel wrote:

> jef wrote:

>> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:35:53 +0100, Frank van Bortel wrote:
>>

>>>You do realize Warehouse Builder is a client tool, don't you?

>> Isn't there a server-side install, at least for the Repository
>> and the Runtime service on the DB server?
>
> Repository, yes, but no need to run it on the same
> machine...
> Runtime service - what runtime service?

Perhaps I don't understand the product fully (and I don't claim to - just trying to get a grip on things still). I'm just going from some of the docs that my DBA gave me:

"You must run the Warehouse Builder Runtime Assistant to create runtime objects for each of your target warehouse schemas. Run the Runtime Assistant immediately after performing the OWB Server Side Install, and on the same machine where you performed the OWB Server Side Install."

So, is this an unneccesary option?

thanks

jef Received on Mon Mar 21 2005 - 12:14:20 CST