Re: Development Trends in Web and Oracle

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:28:14 -0800

Hexathioorthooxalate wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

>>>Organisations have a growing requirement to store XML, like it or lump
>>>it.
>>
>>Actually they don't. This statement is demonstratably pure rubbish.
>>What organizations have is a need to store data. How that data is stored
>>most efficiently is what is open for debate.

> And if the XML is the data

Then you had better go back to Computer Science 100 and learn what XML is. XML tags are not the data. And not once have you addressed, I presume intentionally, the issue I originally raised which is the huge number of unnecessary bytes pushed across every inch of fiber and copper.

No point in responding further as you seemingly haven't learned that the first rule of holes is that when you are in one ... stop digging.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington