Re: CLASSPATH and Windows XP PRO

From: Jean-Benoit MORLA <jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr>
Date: 11 Mar 2005 06:51:13 -0800

jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr (Jean-Benoit MORLA) wrote in message news:<ea6556b4.0503100804.200836ee_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have trouble understanding which value to set to CLASSPATH.
> If I want to write and run standalone Java programs, I don't set
> CLASSPATH.
> Now I'm beginning to compile JDBC samples, but I set CLASSPATH and I
> get:
> "exception in thread main" error.
> I removed CLASSPATH from the set and I copied a little "Addition" Java
> program under
> %ORACLE_HOME%\jdk\bin
> and it works fine.
> On top of it, I managed to run JDeveloper and the demo shows that it
> accesses Oracle 10g database through JDBC.
> So what is the definite CLASSPATH when in JDeveloper environment?
>
> Many thanks
>
> jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr
>
> Currently reading Michael Crichton "PREY".
> Sounds a bit like "The Invicible" by Stanislas Lem

This is the next day.
After having compiled and run a simple JDBC connexion program, I lost the console service.
Impossible to stop it, impossible to restart it. So I removed all Oracle 10g with oui and tried to reinstall it. Impossible to create the sample database. It looks like it's the old Oracle on windows bug with bad sqlnet connexion, it erases system dlls.
Where could I find a complete JDBC sample program that won't mess up the whole system?
many thanks.
We're sergent pepper's lonely hearts club band It's getting very near the end. Received on Fri Mar 11 2005 - 08:51:13 CST