CLASSPATH and Windows XP PRO

From: Jean-Benoit MORLA <jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr>
Date: 10 Mar 2005 08:04:53 -0800

Hi,

I have trouble understanding which value to set to CLASSPATH. If I want to write and run standalone Java programs, I don't set CLASSPATH.
Now I'm beginning to compile JDBC samples, but I set CLASSPATH and I get:
"exception in thread main" error.
I removed CLASSPATH from the set and I copied a little "Addition" Java program under
%ORACLE_HOME%\jdk\bin
and it works fine.
On top of it, I managed to run JDeveloper and the demo shows that it accesses Oracle 10g database through JDBC. So what is the definite CLASSPATH when in JDeveloper environment?

Many thanks

jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr

Currently reading Michael Crichton "PREY". Sounds a bit like "The Invicible" by Stanislas Lem Received on Thu Mar 10 2005 - 10:04:53 CST