Re: Trigger problem

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:05:50 +0100

Holger Baer wrote:

> The best way would have been if the only way to delete a row in myTable was
> through a package/stored procedure - that avoids the trigger problem
> altogether.

When I encounter this problem I usually create a view that mirrors the table, then I put all the logic in an INSTEAD OF trigger and expose the view - not the table - to the application. In that way I can do everything I want in the trigger :) Of course this is not an orthodox approach but it works for me. I hope it doesn't have side effects (I haven't experienced any so far).

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (cris119_at_operamail.com)

- We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like?
- Cool?