Re: Trigger problem

From: remg <remq75_at_wp.pl>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:28:12 +0100

Uzytkownik "Cris Carampa" <cris119_at_operamail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:422816f3$0$32339$5fc30a8_at_news.tiscali.it...
> When I encounter this problem I usually create a view that mirrors the
> table, then I put all the logic in an INSTEAD OF trigger and expose the
> view - not the table - to the application. In that way I can do
> everything I want in the trigger :) Of course this is not an orthodox
> approach but it works for me. I hope it doesn't have side effects (I
> haven't experienced any so far).
>
> Kind regards,

Hi, I've just used the view with INSTEAD OF trigger. In that way I don't have to create any tables, I only need to add columns to the existing one. The solution isn't perfect , but works fine as for me:)

Thanks for replies,
Regards,
remg Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 06:28:12 CST