Re: DB2 UDB or Oracle (who has better support)

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:12:45 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1109898223.74847_at_yasure...

> No it isn't the same thing. It may well be true that the *NIX and
> Windows code bases are the same. But the differences going to other
> code bases can be substantially the same as changing products as
> recoding and retesting may be required.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

Yes, that is what Gert and Serge, and everyone else has been saying. DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows share the same code base, and the other DB2's are all different.

But since Oracle doesn't run on AS/400 or VM (I don't believe) and is not often used on z/OS, it doesn't make much difference on these platforms. (Yes I know Oracle has sold a lot of z/OS licenses, but it is not used in production very often). Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 19:12:45 CST