Infinite loop on JRE for database configuration assistant

From: <ed.bryant_at_stellent.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2005 21:31:43 -0800

Over the last few days I've tried to install Oracle 8.1.7, 9.2, 10 in various ways and flavours and they all hang on install.

I currently have 9.2 software only successfully installed. When I run the database configuration wizard, the system goes into an infinite loop after you hit next on the first screen. Services.exe is at 85% and the JRE is at 15%. Leave it running overnight... still spinning in the morning. Never any response.

System is Window XP Professional SP2. 1.5 GB RAM, GB's of free disk space, etc. I've seen this as a networked user with admin permission, a local user with admin permission, and as administrator on the box.

I've googled around and other than some similar problems on linux, I can't find any pointers to a solution.

Anybody got any great ideas?

Thanks,
Ed. Received on Wed Mar 02 2005 - 23:31:43 CST