Re: (Newbie) - how do I display output?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2005 07:58:27 -0800

Paul Linehan wrote:
> <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
>

> >> Also, how do I keep values between sessions? If I close down SQL
Plus
> >> and then open it again, it keeps its old settings, not the ones I
> >> specified in the previous session! Any ideas? TIA.
>

> >All of this is documented at http://tahiti.oracle.com which is not
> >to blow you off but rather to point you to the resource you should
> >be checking.
>

> I don't take it at all as being "blown off" to be referred to a site
> which could help me, however, see below. I appreciate that it is up
> me to make an effort and try and solve issues for myself, but at the
> moment, I'm stuck!
>

> >Make the appropriate changes to glogin.sql
>

> HOST
> HOST is not available in iSQL*Plus.
> HO[ST] [command]
> Executes a host operating system command without leaving SQL*Plus.
>

> I have tried searching, and can find nothing about my problem, i.e.
> how to actually see the list of files when one does "HOST Dir", as
> opposed to just seeing a black window for a second or so, and then it
> disappearing.

I don't use iSQL*Plus but command line sqlplus looks like,

C:\>sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production on Wed Mar 2 15:46:04 2005

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SQL> host dir

<snip>

07/15/2004  09:21    <DIR>          Documents and Settings
09/03/2004  15:52    <DIR>          DRIVERS
01/28/2004  23:14               644 drivez.log
<snip>
               5 File(s)         17,249 bytes
              41 Dir(s)  12,973,125,632 bytes free

SQL>
>From SQL*Plus GUI version, try this,

SQL> set define off
SQL> host dir&pause

   OR
SQL> host dir|more&pause to see one screen at a time.

<snip>

Regards
/Rauf Received on Wed Mar 02 2005 - 09:58:27 CST