Re: (Newbie) - how do I display output?

From: Paul Linehan <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:35:41 +0000

<damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>> Also, how do I keep values between sessions? If I close down SQL Plus
>> and then open it again, it keeps its old settings, not the ones I
>> specified in the previous session! Any ideas? TIA.

>All of this is documented at http://tahiti.oracle.com which is not
>to blow you off but rather to point you to the resource you should
>be checking.

I don't take it at all as being "blown off" to be referred to a site which could help me, however, see below. I appreciate that it is up to me to make an effort and try and solve issues for myself, but at the moment, I'm stuck!

>Make the appropriate changes to glogin.sql

HOST
HOST is not available in iSQL*Plus.
HO[ST] [command]
Executes a host operating system command without leaving SQL*Plus.

I have tried searching, and can find nothing about my problem, i.e. how to actually see the list of files when one does "HOST Dir", as opposed to just seeing a black window for a second or so, and then it disappearing.

Searching the following

"keep and session and values"
"between and session and values"

didn't get me anything suitable, at least as far as I could see. Maybe my searching techniques are not good?

Thanks for your input.

Paul...

Paul Linehan

XP Pro, Service Pack 2, Oracle 9.2.0.1.0

Please do not top post, thank you. Received on Wed Mar 02 2005 - 09:35:41 CST