Physical reads on Tables cached in KEEP_POOL

From: Gordon <gordon_t_wu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2005 12:14:36 -0800

Hello,

I'm getting a bouch of physical reads from a table that has been put into the KEEP pool. I've check that the KEEP pool does have sufficient memory to hold the tables cached in them.

>From Statspack I see the SQLs causing physical reads are INSERT
statements. Why does INSERT statements perform physical reads on tables that have been cached in KEEP pool? I'd think it would only need to perform physical writes.

I'm running Oracle 10g on SUSE Enterprise 9

Thanks Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 14:14:36 CST