help import DB

From: Ale <nemo_at_nobody.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:33:19 +0100

hi,
I am newbie and I have installed Oracle 9 for the first time. I have choosed to install the full version (database server) without creating any database, then I have also installed Toad.

My simple problem is that I have a dump DB file (.dmp) created from an Oracle DB on another computer, and I want to import it into my Oracle server. How should I configure Oracle ? I can't connect obviously with Toad because I have no DB ... should I create an empty DB and then make import ? I haven't configured any user too ...

Please, I need a little help!

thank you very much

Ale Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 18:33:19 CST