Re: Activate SQL logging

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:51:36 -0700

> > > How can I capture incoming SQL statements to a text file?
> >
> > AFAIK, there is no (simple?) way to do this.
> >
> > Why in the world do you even want to consider doing this?
> >
> > The contents of the "text file" would be subject to security/privacy
> > compromises.
>
> Just trying to figure out what an application is doing to the database. I
> thought there would be some way to activate a log, that would capture the
> SQL.

This can easily be done in DB2, using either a statement monitor and snapshot (logs all SQL between when the monitor is turned on and then turned off). Lots of information is provided such as number of executions, average execution time, average CPU time, etc. This can be done globally, or for a specific application.

You can also use the Event Monitor to track specific SQL events and notify you when they occur. If a more powerful tool is needed, the DB2 Query Patroller can be used. Received on Sat Feb 12 2005 - 20:51:36 CST