Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:28:26 -0800

Mark A wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message

>>>That's a red herring. The outsourcing company is not likely extracting
>>>it's pricing number from it's rectum.
>>
>>No ... likely they are maximizing their profits just like anyone else
>>dealing with customers afraid to go it alone.
>>
>>Tell you what ... Contact me off-line and I'll get it for you at 50% of
>>that price. How many nodes do you want? If I don't hear from you within
>>48 hours I will presume the herring is on your dinner plate ... not
>>mine.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan

> OK fine, 50% off is $8,000 per month for 16 nodes ($288,000 over three
> years).
>
> I would be $36,000 over three years for the single node IBM server with 64
> processor used for the DB2 Benchmark mentioned in the thread. That is a
> savings of $252,000 over 3 years.
>
> BTW, the charges are for network administrators, UNIX, administrators,
> DBA's, operations support, and general raised floor space.

If you're fool enough to pay that $288K I'll throw the rest in for free.

BTW: You didn't contact me off-line so it is obvious you are not serious. Thus I kill-file this thread too. Why don't you go back to the DB2 group and play there if they want you. Your lack of sincerity is palpable.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington