Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:12:49 +1100

Mark A apparently said,on my timestamp of 7/02/2005 9:30 AM:

> whether you are using 32bit/64bit DB2 instance). When it runs out of memory,
> then it changes to table locks, so if you allocated the maximum amount for
> the locklist DB2 would not grind to a halt unless you had more than 250
> million tables in your database.

Really? You have never seen what happens to an app designed for row locking database when all of a sudden locks escalate to table locks. Have you?

Here is a hint: why do you think Ingres and other notable "lock escalation" databases never enjoyed popularity with third party app developers, for large loads?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto