Re: Extent Management in SYSTEM tablespace

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:16:16 GMT

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1107269868.8128_at_yasure...
> kirtan wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm using Oracle 9.2i. As far as i know, the SYSTEM tablespace is by
> > default created as a locally managed tablespace. Can I change this
> > tablespace into a dictionary managed tablespace? Is it possible?
> > Also can someone tell me which one, LMT or DMT, is better?
>
> The only good reason for having a dictionary managed SYSTEM tablespace
> is as a bad example. If you are looking for something to do let me
> suggest a StatsPack. ;-)
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)

Does anyone know why Steve Adams seems to be against LMT for SYSTEM? He does explain his point in http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/creation/bsq.htm

... however, that might be an old writeup. I now make SYSTEM tablespace also as LMT and have not found any issue with it.

Anurag Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 22:16:16 CST