Re: Is it possible to force ORACLE to insert a record in a particular memory area?

From: Guru <gururajan.n_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 20:15:48 -0800

Hi Jim,

Actually I am facing one problem

Let us consider a table having the data as follows

Rowid                                      id
prdtid
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxaaaa                 1                                  4

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxaaab                 1                                  5

Now I am deleting the record with id=1 and prdtid =4 and I am inserting the id=1 with prdtid=2. Now my table has the following record

Rowid                                      id
prdtid
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxaaab                 1                                  5

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxaaac                 1                                  2

What I want is .. I want to insert the id=1 and prdtid=2 at the exact rowid Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxaaaa where the record with id=1 and prdtid=4 is deleted.

I know we can do this using Update command.. But if i do i need to change in lot of files which took lot of time....

Warm Regards
Guru Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 22:15:48 CST