Re: Intenational character sets

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:10:35 +0100

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:31:14 -0600, Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow> wrote:

>*As an aside, my degree being in music, I feel comfortable
>reading/pronouncing -- but not understanding what I'm saying --
>Spanish, German, Italian, and Latin. But French? The few times I've
>had to sing something in French convinced me that there is no
>connection between their written language and their spoken language!
>Thanks.
>
>- Ed Stevens

as an aside, my degree being in musicology, and having followed Latin and French in secondary school, I can about follow a text written or spoken in Spanish, Italian and French, and I don't think your assertion holds. Of course there is a problem, the French are studying their own music only, so I never used French anymore, concentrating on German, which I hated in secondary school.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA