Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:39:21 -0800

Mark A wrote:

>>>The TPC benchmarks between DB2 and Oracle use vastly different hardware
>>>architectures.
>>
>>Which, in English, translates into the fact that they are not apples
>>to apples comparisons and thus worthless to end users who have made
>>it past their early 20s and are no longer impressed by speed.
>>
>>TPC ... the benchmark for the adolescent male ... I like the sound of it.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan

> Just like I said when I originally posted the information on the IBM
> website, I trust the customer base (and not Daniel Morgan) to decide for
> themselves whether the TPC benchmarks are in any way useful.

Do you really think that somehow putting != between my name and 'customer' makes it so? Come on down to Atlanta Georgia in two weeks and watch me help a very large public organization make their decision.

I'll bet an 18 year old bottle of Glenmorangie TPC isn't mentioned, even once, in any of the meetings.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington