Re: Cannot find OracleHTTPServer

From: Van Messner <messner1_at_NOSPAMbestweb.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:01:30 -0500

Hi:

    If you completely uninstalled after the first attempt, including cleaning up the registry, environment variables, folders, files, etc. then after the second attempt IF you created a database along with the install you have these services.
OracleClientCache
OraclePeerEncapsulator
OraclePeerMasterAgent
OracleTNSListener
OracleServiceSID
OracleDBConsoleSID

    There is no longer a OracleHTTPServer service.     These services should be started, although they may not all be set to automatic, and Listener before SID before ConsoleSID. If they are not started, then start them. You may not be able to start ConsoleSID if you are connected to the internet. Just drop the internet connection, start the ConsoleSID service, connect to 5500/em, and reconnect to the internet.

    If 5500/em still does not work, you may not have cleaned up after the first install completely. In that case try 5501/em or 5502/em.

    Instead of localhost I use http://MyMachine.MyDomain:5500/em but localhost should work.

    Under your start menu you should see a line similar to OracleAppServer where you can start and stop Apache. Start it up. Then to get more information on your Apache server use http://MyMachine.MyDomain:7777

Van

login the Enterprise Manager page at http://localhost:5500/em
> however after restarting the machine, the IE says 'Page not found' and the
Netscape says 'connection refused when attempting to contact localhost on port 5500'

i was not able to see the Enterprise Manager page immediately or after restart and getting the same message as above. In all cases however i am able to access the http://localhost:5560/isqlplus page

> Also inspite of many reinstallations i am not able to see any
OracleHTTPServer kinda service in the services list.

> Can anyone tell me if i am missing anything here? Using the companion cd
also didn't help solve the problem.