Re: analyze index

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:08:30 GMT

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:ctee78$d0s$1_at_titan.btinternet.com...

> Note in-line.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jonathan Lewis

> The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ
>
> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
> Public Appearances - schedule updated Jan 21st 2005
>

> "Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> - In reality, such a pattern as you've described is unlikely and would
>> require a rather manufactured insertion method by the application. That
>> said, factors such as specific deletion/insertion patterns, the possible
>> effects of multiple freelists and the possible effects of ASSM could
>> possibly lead to similar CF patterns.
>>

> On the contrary - set freelists = 2 on the table, then insert rows which
> are
> keyed on (trunc(sysdate), sequence_number), and you get that sort of
> pattern almost automatically.

Hi Jonathan,

Your right.

I should have said something like with no freelists, blah blah is unlikely. That said, factors such as freelists, blah blah could possibly lead to similar CF patterns (which was my rather clumsy attempt).

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers

Richard Received on Fri Jan 28 2005 - 17:08:30 CST