Re: Questions on Oracle Database Auditing

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:40:40 GMT

<premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1106787495.464088.281300_at_c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... -snip->
> Yes, I have seen SQL refernce document but it does not work.
> Documentation says that one can run
> audit drop table;
> audit create table;
> etc
> but audit drop table gives error. There is something subtle related to
> auditing of dropping tables, I want to find what is that.
>
> I do not want to use
> audit table
> because that audits a group of privileges some of them I do not want
> to audit, that's why looking for command for
> audit drop table
>
> Prem

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a85397/state10b.htm#2059074

It says: "audit table" will audit "create/drop and truncate table". Nowhere does it state that "audit create table" is a valid statement.

If you want "audit create table" to be a valid statement .. open a Tar and ask for an enhancement request ...

Anurag Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 23:40:40 CST