Newbie needs help. Studying for OCA.

From: Alex Reid <none_at_anonymous.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:20:26 -0600

I have successfully installed Oracle 10g enterprise edition on my home pc for educational purposes.

Whenever I attempt to open the EM database control via Mozilla Firefox, I get this error message:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact 192.168.2.1:5500"

This leads me to believe one of two possibilities: 1. I do not have an instance started
2. I do not have an active listener

My OS is Win XP Pro. I have verified that the following services are started:

OracleCSService
OracleOraDb10g_home2SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraDb10g_home2SNMPPeerMasterAgent

This service however, will not start:
OracleOraDb10g_home1TNSListener

If I try to start it, I get the following error message:

"The OracleOraDb10g_home1TNSListener service started & then stopped.
Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do..."

Shouldn't this service be running all the time so that it can listen for connection requests? Please help the newbie! Received on Wed Jan 19 2005 - 15:20:26 CST