Re: dbca & non-standard block sizes

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:45:03 +0100

Joel Garry wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

>>Joel Garry wrote:
>>[snip]
>>

>>>Also see the blocksize discursion at dizwell.com, as well as the

> recent
>
>>>discussion here about keep and recycle, and the one entitled

> "Enable
>
>>>32K Block in 8K Block DB".
>>
>>What would a discursion be? A discussion, that ends in the cursing of
>>either side? :)

> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=discursion - to me, describes
> Howard's style precisely.
>
> But I like your def better, describes usenet precisely. :)
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/los_angeles_2005/0501_spyker_c8/index.html

Like the Spyker?

It's just that the TBird dictionary did not recognize discursion... Still don't quite get it:
v. dis·coursed, dis·cours·ing, dis·cours·es (d-skôrs, -skrs) v. intr.

  1. To speak or write formally and at length. See Synonyms at speak.
  2. To engage in conversation or discussion; converse.
  3. tr. Archaic

     To narrate or discuss.

Is it archaic (to discuss) or not (see 2: engage in discussion - is that not a discussion?). Oh well, the beauty of (foreign) language(s)!

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel