Re: Optimization

From: Peter Mubaiter <this.is.not.valid_at_spammer.hola>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:26:48 +0100

Niall Litchfield schrieb:

> I disagree. It *might* be nothing to worry about, but it *might* - and
> more probably does - mean one of two things

<snip>

I think that most of the database out there will have a high value for wait event "SQL*Net message from client". I know nearly no application which opens a session, requests data, fetches the data and closes the session again (that'll keep this specific wait event low).

But of course, there can be a network which is too slow, but the statement "I have got a high value of the wait event" is too less information...

Regards,

Peter Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 10:26:48 CST