Oracle 10g on AIX 5L 5.3

From: Lenny Palozzi <the_bitbucket_at_canada.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2005 12:39:28 -0800

There seems to be conflicting information about whether Oracle 10g is supported on AIX 5.3. From the Oracle website, specifically, Oracle's Certification Matrices, "AIX5L certifications include AIX5L versions 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3. 10g is ONLY certified on 5.2 and 5.3."

However, when I dig further into the Certification Matrices, it says, "AIX 5L 5.2 Maintenance level 1 or higher is required". Does this mean only AIX 5.2 M1 is supported?

Since I have a fresh AIX 5.3 install, I've downloaded 10g for AIX 5L and attempted the installation. The first bad sign is that runInstaller checks for 'oslevel' of 5200 (aix 5.2). I worked around the oslevel checks and installed Oracle 10g. The database seems to be up and running (I can connect with sqlplus and issue queries, etc).

I'm having an issue with the web interfaces. I can't get the Enterprise Manager Console web interface to work. When issuing, "emctl start dbconsole", the emoms.log file has java "class not found" errors. Here's a snippet,

[Orion Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.256 -
Integration Class not found: oracle.sysman.ias.ias.IASIntegration
[Orion Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.256 -
Integration Class not found:
oracle.sysman.eml.target.slb.common.SLBIntegration
[Orion Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.256 -
Integration Class not found: oracle.reports.em.RepIntg
[Orion Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.256 -
Integration Class not found:
oracle.sysman.ocs.mntr.target.OcsEmailIntegration

Plus a few more, followed by,

[JobWorker 44:Thread-15] ERROR ping.ProcessExecutor execute.299 -
timeout while gathering output
[JobWorker 44:Thread-15] ERROR jobs.pingCfmEMDDown pingHost.439 -
TimeoutException caught pinging the host for EMD URL http://<host>:1830/emd/main

The Enterprise Manager dbconsole does start up a process listening on port 1830, and another on 5500, but when I connect with a browser to port 5500, I get nothing, not even the login page.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Has anyone else tried installing Oracle 10g on AIX 5.3? Received on Thu Jan 13 2005 - 14:39:28 CST