Re: ORACLE Session Trace.

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2005 05:41:42 -0800

Dexter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for something like READ_EV, but not for the current
session
> but for another session.
> is there any internal packages that can do this for me.
> i can login as sysdba, so access permission dont matter.
>
> looking through the trace files is a good option but i want to know
if
> ther is any other way that i can use.

There isn't any way that I know of to tell which events are set in all sessions - I'm not sure that there should be to be honest.

What might be of use would be to write a package that wraps calls to set the event (using dbms_system or whichever other method you prefer) *and* stores the start time, sid,serial# and level in a table. Then ensure that events are only set and unset using this package.

If you are purely looking for trace, then this omission is rectified for tracing in 10g. DBA_ENABLED_TRACES gives details about what is being traced, and DBMS_MONITOR gives a flexible supported method of setting it.

cheers
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com Received on Mon Jan 10 2005 - 07:41:42 CST