Synchronous backup of two instances

From: Peter Kallweit <peter.kallweit_at_vector-consulting.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:42:13 +0100

Hi,

I have a (still theoretical) question.

I'll have two database instances (9.2.0.x) which are used together via database links and distributed transactions. These two databases are no copies but different parts of a product.

How can I ensure synchronous backups?

An example: Database A goes down and I restore it. How can I bring the database B into a state, where it is synchron to the restored database A again?

Best regards,
Peter Received on Mon Jan 10 2005 - 07:42:13 CST