Re: Transaction per minute

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:02:53 GMT

soalvajavab1_at_yahoo.com wrote in

> How do you measure the application / database transactions throughput
> and health check once you inhereit a DB from pprevious DBA? Do you have
> a check list for all you will do in the first weeks?

Start with determining the Buffer Cache Hit Ratio If it is too low, proceed to make it closer to 1.

The maximum transaction throughput is a function of the application and the underlying hardware.

If you have to ask this question, I wonder how qualified you are. Received on Sat Jan 08 2005 - 14:02:53 CST