Re: 9i RAC with EMC storage

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:53:15 -0800

Daud wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have never setup RAC before but may have to do it later. It will
> probably be a 2-node RAC on 2 HP boxes (11i) with storage coming from
> EMC. My questions are:
>
> 1 - is the oracle installation much different (and harder) in RAC
> environment?
> 2 - as for the filesystem, do I need to use RAW device? Can I not
> configure a normal filesystem?
> Any help/tips/pointers are appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Daud

Substantially more difficult and with zero tolerance for not following the requirements to the letter beginning with the hardware: Especially the NIC cards. Continuing on with the operating system installation. And with EMC, which I can't recommend based on experience, with OCFS and finally the database and instances.

You can contact me off-line for help.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington