Re: 9i RAC with EMC storage

From: Dusan Bolek <spambin_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 3 Jan 2005 23:50:52 -0800

Daud wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have never setup RAC before but may have to do it later. It will
> probably be a 2-node RAC on 2 HP boxes (11i) with storage coming from
> EMC. My questions are:
>
> 1 - is the oracle installation much different (and harder) in RAC
> environment?
> 2 - as for the filesystem, do I need to use RAW device? Can I not
> configure a normal filesystem?
> Any help/tips/pointers are appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Daud

ad 1) Instalation is easy, but everyday operation of RAC could be a problem sometimes.
ad 2) It depends on your operating system not on used storage. The only thing that you need from the storage point of view are drivers supporting concurrent access (PowerPath).

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.