Restricting Database modifications via sqlplus

From: qazmlp <qazmlp1209_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2005 08:52:52 -0800

[Follow-up does not work properly from 'google' groups at this moment. Hence, this may look like a new thread. But, this is just a continuouation to previous thread with the same subject)

That helped!
After inserting corresponding records in product_user_profile, SQL*Plus started reporting errors,whenever user tries to invoke prevented commands. That was fine as I wanted. Meanwhile, I noticed the following related to entries in product_user_profile tables.

Whenever I(using sysdba login) try to insert a record in product_user_profile, the row is inserted successfully. But, when I try to display the records from product_user_profile tables(even after commit operation), 'no rows selected' message is reported. Why does such a strange behaviour for product_user_profile table? Is this for security reasons? Could anybody elaborate on this? Received on Mon Jan 03 2005 - 10:52:52 CST