Re: Index compression vs. table compression

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:18:19 -0800

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:45:23 -0800, DA Morgan
> <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
>

>>If you'll write another book, with material such as the above, I promise
>>to purchase a minimum of 50 copies in the first year.

> Wouldn't that be the book called
> 'Reverse Engineering Oracle' by Jonathan Lewis?
> And how would anyone in a production environment, with customers
> without any Oracle knowledge, and third party vendors without any
> Oracle knowledge, ever be capable to read that book and implement it?
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

That's their problem. Mine would consist only of adding it to my students list of mandatory reading for the Advanced class. Well that and explaining to my girlfriend why we aren't seeing each other quite as much for the following month.

BTW: Love the title.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington