Re: Index compression vs. table compression

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:39:31 +0000 (UTC)

Well,
The secret can now be told.

I am writing a book, provisionally titled:

    Cost Based Oracle - Volume 1
I hope to finish the bulk of it by the
end of March.

I've been sweating over it for months,
and the __really__ hard part is trying to restrict myself to the stuff which might be useful to a significant number of
people.

I keep writing pages and then tearing
them up because they are about some
little detail that virtually no-one will need to know - but their presence distracts
from the more relevant overview that
might be useful.

(Volume 2 may be the rocket science bit - or maybe that will have to be Volume 3).

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Public Appearances - schedule updated Dec 23rd 2004