Confused path

From: Al <aliu_at_satx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:37:09 GMT

I'm new to Oracle and just start learning, slowly. We recently moved our Oracle 8 server which was on H drive of a NT server. I mapped in as H drive as control file location. After the the Oracle was moved to D drive of the NT server, I had trouble to access it from a client machine. Because the client machine already has a D drive, I cannot map the Oracle server as D drive on my client machine. I end up with had to start Oracle from server machine and I looked at Alert file, the location of controlfile is on a 'D' drive. Or I can copy the control file to my client machine and direct Oracle to find it from my local drive. What is the best way to resolve this drive label confusion?

One more question - for Oracle 8, if I use EXP80 utility to export a database without specifying the distination, what is the default directiory (Win NT) is the dmp file going to be stored?

Thanks.

Al Received on Wed Dec 29 2004 - 19:37:09 CST