Re: reset cumulative sum

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:56:51 GMT

<murali.lakshman_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1104080612.417167.244200_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I have a problem where I want to reset cumulative percentage on a table
> if it becomes greater than 1. I have solved this problem for now using
> collections but the solution is not very good in terms of performance.
> I would really prefer the solution to be more in SQL than pl/sql to
> help performance. Having said that, I think it is impossible to do
> this in one sql statement unless you use "MODEL BY" clause in 10g. I
> am currently using 9i.
>
> I know there can be clever solutions created using "Pipelined"
> functions and I want to see if some folks have ideas on this.

--snip--

So did you try a solution using pipelined functions? What have you come up withso far? I see this being a relatively simple pl/sql problem if you try doing it using pipelined functions...

or are you looking for SQL solutions without using pipelined functions?

Anurag Received on Mon Dec 27 2004 - 18:56:51 CST