Re: reset cumulative sum

From: moose1729 <murali.lakshman_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2004 20:20:18 -0800

> > I have a problem where I want to reset cumulative percentage on a
table
> > if it becomes greater than 1. I have solved this problem for now
using
> > collections but the solution is not very good in terms of
performance.
> > I would really prefer the solution to be more in SQL than pl/sql to
> > help performance. Having said that, I think it is impossible to do
> > this in one sql statement unless you use "MODEL BY" clause in 10g.
> > am currently using 9i.
> >
> > I know there can be clever solutions created using "Pipelined"
> > functions and I want to see if some folks have ideas on this.
> >
> --snip--
>
> So did you try a solution using pipelined functions? What have you
come up withso far?
> I see this being a relatively simple pl/sql problem if you try doing
it using pipelined functions...

> or are you looking for SQL solutions without using pipelined
functions?

> Anurag

I have come up with a solution in pl/sql (not using pipelined functions) using just collections. But we have to run 8 million rows against this process and doing the way I have done takes too much time.

I want to try an approach using pipelined functions. If you can throw some ideas around how I can go about that would be a big help. Thanks for your time Received on Mon Dec 27 2004 - 22:20:18 CST