Re: Top SQL from statspack

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_REMOVETHIS.Dunbar-IT.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:23:41 +0000

Morning Rick,

> According to the doc, level 5 should suffice to collect sql with high
> resource consumption:

<SNIP>
> * 5: This level includes capturing high resource usage SQL
> Statements, along with all data captured by lower levels

Interesting, and accurate - but it probably depends on how you read it. Level 5 does indeed give you the big hitters but you only get the first few characters, buffer hits etc. You don't get the full text and the explain plan.

> * 6: This level includes capturing SQL plan and SQL plan usage
> information for high resource usage SQL Statements, along with all
> data captured by lower levels

That's is the one you need.

<SNIP>
> The mere fact that I don't find the sql statements in the
> stats$sql_summary table support your advice that level 6 is needed,
> but this contradicts the documentation.

As mentioned above, I think 'it depends' on how you read it. (There, I managed an 'it depends' in an answer - tradition followed !)

> Regards
> Rick Denoire

Cheers,
Norm. Received on Wed Dec 22 2004 - 02:23:41 CST