Re: Will oracle support WhiteBox Linux or better, centos ?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_REMOVETHIS.Dunbar-IT.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:29:02 +0000

Morning Howard,

 > Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> G Dahler wrote:
>

>> BTW, if you play around with oracle and Linux and don't know Centos,
>> have a look at it.  IMHO, it's better than whitebox linux.

> On what grounds?

possibly on the grounds that Centos build from the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 source files directly, while White Box 'sort of' do this, but with more changes than Centos.

Centos has just been RHEL3 with the name changed - and no guaranteed support.

I'd be loath to stick either of a production box myself though, no matter how good.

On the other hand, I am running 10g on Mandrake 10.1 with no problems. (or support !)

Have a very happy Christmas.

Cheers,
Norm. Received on Wed Dec 22 2004 - 02:29:02 CST