Re: workarea_size_policy being ignored

From: Tom <ziggy.2105693_at_bloglines.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2004 14:48:44 -0800

According to the documentation, when you set the policy to manual, then the pga memory values are taken from the various _area_size parameters. Therefore, I would expect the pga usage to only be 524,000 bytes per connection, but the usage was actually 7.5MB per connection.

I originally set the policy to auto and the pga_aggregate_target to 1GB. I know it's only a target and that Oracle can allocate more than the target value, but Oracle was allocating 15 times more than the target. And what's worse, Oracle was allocating more memory than was available on the server, causing a tremendous amount of paging and terrible performance.

Tom Received on Tue Dec 21 2004 - 16:48:44 CST