Re: Help with hosting multiple versions of the same schema (1 per client)

From: Jack Addington <jaddington_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:36:10 GMT

As an additional technique what about:

  1. Logging into application as a user but logging into Oracle as the schema owner.
  2. On login I add a row to temporary global table with the user id.
  3. Also do a quick lookup in the allowed users roles and set other flags

Then I point all triggers or security functions that use the USER environement variable to the temp table?

My biggest concern is with security on a web based system.