Re: Help with hosting multiple versions of the same schema (1 per client)

From: Jack Addington <jaddington_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:40:24 GMT

Sorry I hit send by mistake...

My big reasonning ofr not doing the FGAC are:

  1. No personal experience with it before (weak, I cringe to add it, but I have some definate time issues)
  2. My clients are small to mid-range companies that have different hosting needs (me host, they host, 3rd party host) so I really want a simple single solution that will work simply anywhere that has an oracle server
  3. I believe you need the enterprise version of Oracle? I run on the small business solution (Standard One I think it was called)
  4. Most clients (at least initially) are direct local competitors and I'm not sure I could sell the shared database concept...

I posted another solution in this thread. What is your take on that?

thanks for you time, even if you made my eyes water :-)

jack