Re: tablespace on a SAN

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:02:22 +0100

Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote:

>Rick,
>it might be worth changing your RAID controller.

No RAID Controller to change, this is a complete independent, external storage subsystem attached via HBAs using Fibre Channel technology.

>Fail to see why ATA would influence (SCSI) RAID performance

In the Clariions, a special enclosure is used for ATA disks. The storage unit still uses Fibre Channel, which is SCSI based. ATA protocol has to be translated at some point. Just some ideas. But I still don't know WHY this disks are so slow in the named environment. I do know for sure that they ARE slow. I have a case open, but I am not optimistic to get this issue solved. It has been there for more than a year now.

Bye
Rick Denoire Received on Sun Dec 19 2004 - 16:02:22 CST