Re: questions about RMAN

From: Snewber <s_at_s.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:56:10 +1000

Oracle recommends that you only use the RMAN version that matches the database.

This means that you can't take advantage of RMAN 10g to use compression on 9i databases as well as a host of other new features.

Also, if you do try and use different RMAN versions to the database, especially if using RMAN 64bit 10g to backup a 32bit 9i database, it just won't work.

Target/ RMAN
Auxiliary Executable
Database

8.1.7.4     8.1.7.4