Oracle 10g lite

From: Detlef Klauser <dklauser_at_seb-paul.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:59:49 +0100

Hallo,

i am triing to get a small installation of 10g. That means minimum need of RAM, Diskspace, starting time.
While looking about this I found Oracle 10g lite which seems to be a database which meets all this points and would run on a windows-based computer.

But now I have the problem that starting the installation the problems will also start.
First, during installation the required jdk 1.4.1 or higher was not found so installation aborted.
After downloading JDK 1.5.0 the same message appears but after selecting "next" the installation goes on.
But at the end the installation aborted again, so I have installed a bit 10g lite but it seem to be not running.
When I use the written link http://database_name/webtogo i get no answer from the database.

So has somebody an idea about installing 10g in a very small configuration or about installing 10g lite or
are there any documents about 10g lie installation on windows based computers

Thanks for help

Detlef Klauser Received on Tue Dec 14 2004 - 14:59:49 CST