Re: DBWR Tuning

From: Denis Do <nospam.denisdo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:54:28 GMT

Hi Nial!
Thanks for your comments, mate.
First of all, you have demonstrated different approach in evaluation of potential bottlenecks, - I do not think it is wrong, it is just different.
So, I am fine with it:-)

Second, your comments obviously make point, but as you could see from my post, I was trying to look at all aspects together - disks, CPU, Memory and available latches number. In your answer, you are
pointing to each of these alone, i.e. 8 cpus - ONLY then you can add one more DBWriter. I think differently, so my opinion still to run at least 2 DBWriters. If you will see some negative impact, no problem - go back to single writer and that is it. But I always running DBWriters in pairs - and I always see improvement in performance. At least it works for me - why not try both of our advices? Author of original post was seeking for them - we gave 2 diferent :-) - so now he can try and decide.

Besides, if you will have a look at more old books ( Like Jason Couchman's Ora 8 DBa Cert. Guide - you will find there on pg 904 (top) explicit confirmation of my theory.

Anyway, lets this topic to die in peace :-) Have a great day! Received on Mon Dec 13 2004 - 16:54:28 CST