Re: create table initial max ?

From: <Kenneth>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:51:10 GMT

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:12:48 +0100, vertigo <ax178_at_wp.pl> wrote:

>> vertigo wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>> I want to create table and assign it all free space from specified
>>> tablespace ?
>>> (as big INITIAL value as possible)
>>>
>>> How can i do it ?
>>

>> Wrong question. The right question is "why on Earth would I ever want to
>> do this?"
>
>Because it can be done (if it really can be done).
>Can it ?
>

>Thanx
>Michal

I agree with Howard, this is a crazy request, but slightly funny, so here goes:

  1. Make sure the autoextend is off for all the datafiles of the TBS in question.
  2. Run this : create table foo(c1 number(10)) tablespace footbs; begin while true loop execute immediate ('alter table foo allocate extent'); end loop; end; /

and when it hits ORA-01653, you're done.