Parse SQL-statement in SQL-Plus

From: Ole Hansen <ohahaahr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2004 03:43:11 -0800

Hi !

I have created an SQL-file "copy.sql", that I am executing from SQL-Plus, using the following command:

sqlplus xal_supervisor/xal_supertest_psw_at_XALTST @copy.sql

copy.sql looks like this:

SET PAGES 9999
WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT;
WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT;
SPOOL copy.log;

<SQL-statement 1>

/
<SQL-statement 2>

/
<SQL-statement 3>

/
<SQL-statement 999>

/
SPOOL OFF;
EXIT;

copy.sql is a BIG sql-file, with lots of statements, and it takes 5 ours to execute. It copies a lot of data...

My problem is, that there are some "syntax errors" and other errors in the file. Therefore i want to PARSE the file, before i execute it.

I use SQL-Plus. How can i parse the entire file, before i execute it, so that i can find the all the errors ???

Regards,
Ole
Oracle-newbie... Received on Sat Dec 11 2004 - 05:43:11 CST