Re: Parse SQL-statement in SQL-Plus

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:24:26 +0100

On 11 Dec 2004 03:43:11 -0800, ohahaahr_at_hotmail.com (Ole Hansen) wrote:

>I use SQL-Plus. How can i parse the entire file, before i execute it,
>so that i can find the all the errors ???

Basically you can't.
Apparently you are performing syntax checks on a database with production data. This is precisely why development databases and user acceptance databases were invented: scripts should be error free before they hit production, and they should be written, not hacked together.
Also it looks like your scripts doesn't have any error handling. Regrettably, this is very common nowadays, and it also something never should be done in a production environment.

As a work-around you could load your script in Toad, and hit Ctrl-F9 for every individual statement, and correct your typo's without doing anything.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA